Page  of 2 Next >>
Jstoner
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Online Status: Offline
Quote Jstoner Replybullet Topic: Barretts and Alcohol and Stress
    Posted: 15†Jan†2012 at 12:46am
Hello,
I am new to Barretts. My doctor did a endoscopy thursday and informed me of his findings. He took a biopsy to confirm his findings. I know that mine was caused by stress. I've had my own business for the last ten years and it has taken its toll on me. This is the last straw for me. I've decided to sell my business. What I want know is the following:   I've read various articles correlating Alcohol to increased cancer risk. I just want a couple of glasses of champagne a day. Have any of your doctors blessed moderate champagne or white wine daily?   
One last question: A friend of mine suggest I drink marijuana tea for relaxation. Has anyone heard about the effects of marijuana tea? Thanks
IP IP Logged
jcombs99

Quote jcombs99 Replybullet Posted: 15†Jan†2012 at 12:54pm
Jstoner
Don't rush into anything .I was up till very late dealing with crooks getting a furnace fixed...Times are very hard now so if your making money keep it just take more vactions and TRY not to get upset..I'm sure my dealing caused my barretts so try to lighten up forget the tea and be happy your not on that cruise ship ..Take your PPi's......

Jeff
IP IP Logged
chrisrob
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 15†Jan†2012 at 1:29pm
Hi Jack and welcome,

If you have identified stress as the main causal factor of your reflux problems, have you tried stress management?

Alcohol is generally thought to relax the lower oesophageal sphincter and oesophageal muscles making reflux easier and peristalsis harder. However, there have been some contradictory findings in research. This page has details.
I suggest you conduct your own experiments to see whether you experience reflux more when you drink it or not.

I do not know of any research that looks at the effects of marijuana and reflux but did find this discussion.

I would have thought marijuana would have had a similar effect on the LOS as alcohol which would aid reflux rather than restrict it.

All the best

Chris
IP IP Logged
Jstoner
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Quote Jstoner Replybullet Posted: 15†Jan†2012 at 3:46pm
Thanks. It's kinda hard to relax at the moment. I cannot drink or anything.   My wife and I normally go to the Islands but to just go and sit and look at the water is not fun for me. You work all of your life to be able to do things these things and now you can't. It's weird though because along with the drinking on vacation, I alway return feeling very relaxed. I know that I cannot go the rest of my life without drinking. I am not a heavy drinker, far from it. I generally walk 6 to 7 miles a day and do not drink at all. As I stated, I just want to feel good about having a couple of glasses of wine a day.
IP IP Logged
Jstoner
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Quote Jstoner Replybullet Posted: 15†Jan†2012 at 4:08pm
Thanks Chris. I have tried for years to manage the stress.
What about the reports linking alcohol to its direct correlation to esophageal cancer?
IP IP Logged
Jstoner
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Quote Jstoner Replybullet Posted: 15†Jan†2012 at 5:48pm
Thanks Chris. I have tried for years to manage the stress.
What about the reports linking alcohol use to its adverse relationship regarding esophageal cancer?
IP IP Logged
chrisrob
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 15†Jan†2012 at 5:53pm
The first link I provided above: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2880354/
talks of the links between alcohol and GORD which can lead to cancer ultimately.
IP IP Logged
farnandosalmari
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Quote farnandosalmari Replybullet Posted: 19†Aug†2019 at 6:11pm
Hi Jstoner! Well I've tried to read about CBD and cancer.

Have you heard of Tammy Levantís story on News Channel 8? She didn't want to undergo conventional procedures so she looked for alternative medicines to cure her. She ended up being cancer free and she claims that it's all because of Cannabis oil.
IP IP Logged
chrisrob
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 19†Aug†2019 at 6:27pm
Sorry farnandosalmari, that's a load of codswallop.
There is much research into cannabis and it won't heal cancer.
My wife's son, an oncologist, hears these "miracle" claims daily. He has patients die because they eschew convential tried and proven medication in favour of this quackery.

Since I posted links to alcohol a few years ago, I have been looking into it further and there has been much, more recent, research.
Alcohol is fine for Barrett's. In fact some studies have shown there may actually be some benefit.
See this Extra chapter for the Down With Acid encyclopaedia.
IP IP Logged
farnandosalmari
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Quote farnandosalmari Replybullet Posted: 27†Aug†2019 at 8:50am
Hi chrisrob! My friend is suffering from stress and CBD oil is helping him! I don't know if it can cure cancer, but it definitely helps with stress! Good luck Jstoner!

Edited by farnandosalmari - 27†Aug†2019 at 8:51am
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version