Healthcare Professionals
 Barrett's Support Forum :Healthcare Professionals :Healthcare Professionals
Message Icon Topic: pregnant Post Reply Post New Topic
wishlea

Online Status: Offline
Quote wishlea Replybullet Topic: pregnant
    Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 1:26am
Hi I've just posted this on the forum and noticed this section. Are there any health profesionals on here who have come across a pregnant woman with this condition? If so, what are the risks to both my daughter and the baby and what can we do to make it easier for her? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just found this forum and thought I'd register and ask if anyone has been in a similar position to my daughter. She is 20 and was diagnosed with Barrets oesophagus about a year ago. She has hiatus hernia, ulcers and strictures. She sufferd with problems for years and it took a long time for her to be diagnosed correctly. She also has hypermobility syndrome and to top it all she has just discovered that she is pregnant.

She's been told by the doctor that she can't take her usual medication whilst pregnant and has been given gaviscon (which never worked for her)

I'm concerned that pregnancy will cause her a lot of problems and wondered if anyone had any advice on how to handle the situation. She is only 8 weeks pregnant so hasn't really noticed anything yet other than starting with the usual morning sickness and tiredness.

Any advice would be greatly welcomed, although she'll probably think I'm an interfering busybody as usual ConfusedLOL
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version