Barrett's Support Forum :Barrett's Support Forum :General  
Message Icon Topic: A.C.V Post Reply Post New Topic
Alan64
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Online Status: Offline
Quote Alan64 Replybullet Topic: A.C.V
    Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 9:03am
Just wondering what u guys thoughts on apple cider vingar are, as at the moment im realy tryng hard with my diet example for brakfast i have porridge wit skimmed milk, lean meat with veg for dinner and porridge for tea and i still experiencing some sympthoms like back pain and sour taste in my mouth plus im om 40 mg a day
IP IP Logged
steveb8189

Quote steveb8189 Replybullet Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 10:16am
Hi Alan

Sorry, no experience of ACV although there are many people online who seem to swear by it. I've noticed you've written a few times about your back. I also experience back pain and sometimes wonder if it's due to reflux. I think it is one of the main symptoms of my anxiety and seems to get much worse when I think about it. I find lying down on a foam roller makes it feel much better. Just a though as it may show you it's not reflux related after all..
IP IP Logged
Alan64
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Quote Alan64 Replybullet Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 3:04pm
Cheers steve its kind of a dilema for me since the start of the year ive had terrible anxiety which seems to make me constantly think about my symptoms which is probably multiplying them 10 fold, its a bit of a vicious circle at the moment and i suppose the anxiety of waiting for my biopsy results are not helping either
IP IP Logged
chrisrob

Quote chrisrob Replybullet Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 6:12pm
Hi Alan,

Personally I see no value in ACV.

This study Is Apple Cider Vinegar Effective for Reducing Heartburn Symptoms Related to
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease?
concluded, "In summary, the results of our study support our second null hypothesis - compared to the placebo trial, the vinegar trials do not show significant alleviation of the heartburn sensation"

Don't worry too much about diet, either. It's more important HOW we eat rather than WHAT we eat.
Read this section of the Down With Acid book.
IP IP Logged
nanafran
Groupie
Groupie

Quote nanafran Replybullet Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 7:55pm
I get upper back pain. and im begining to think is it also part of the problem with hitia hernia and barretts. before I was diagnoised with Barretts,I had mri scan and slight wear and tear (arthrtius ). showed up.
IP IP Logged
Alan64
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Quote Alan64 Replybullet Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 2:35pm
Thanks for the replys i will download the down with acid book and have a read of that
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version