Message Icon Topic: Had my endoscopy today Post Reply Post New Topic
mommyto2
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote mommyto2 Replybullet Topic: Had my endoscopy today
    Posted: 22áJuná2016 at 1:59pm
Hi

A very nice lady performed my endoscopy this morning. I was under sedation so I didn't feel a thing.

So basically my hiatus hernia is still the same size. My esophragitus has gone and there is no sign of reflux damage. Which is fab news as it shows reflux is under control. My barretts area is only 0.5cm. She did 6 biopsies due to my family history of EC, which I will get the results of in 2 weeks. As last time they only found gastric barretts it will be interesting to see if they have uncovered any IM (hopefully not) The lady who performed the endoscopy was lovely and chatted to me for quite a while and gave me a copy of the photo.

One thing is that I have compared photos of my endoscopy with photos on the Internet and my esophragus does look a lot redder generally than most normal esophragus pictures, especially down the middle bit. Although Quite light around the outside of the photo. Why would this be when I supposedly don't have esophragitus.?

IP IP Logged
jcombs99

Online Status: Offline
Quote jcombs99 Replybullet Posted: 22áJuná2016 at 6:03pm
M
   Good it went well .Photos mean nothing ( I never look) it's the opinion of the Doctor's EYE BALLs on that HD MONITOR and the path department looking @ the slides .
That's why Chris is trying to raise funds for a New SUPER HG SCOPE HEAD for his Hospital ..
   Hope the NICE Gators don't get him.

CHEERs

Edited by jcombs99 - 22áJuná2016 at 6:21pm
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version