Message Icon Topic: Possible Barrett's Post Reply Post New Topic
Jdfbell
Newbie Plus
Newbie Plus

Online Status: Offline
Quote Jdfbell Replybullet Topic: Possible Barrett's
    Posted: 18áMará2014 at 2:38pm
Hi everyone,
I have just had an OGD which showed moderate gastritis and possible Barretts from 18-20cms. I have to go back and have biopsies taken with full sedation. I hadn't opted for sedation and although the stomach samples were taken without a problem, I was gagging far too much with the esophageal ones - so have to repeat. I also have a burning sensation in my lower abdomen, could this be connected to any of the above? My main question is - can gastritis or Barrett's cause extreme tiredness and nausea as this was my main symptom - I have always had reflux (Though Rarely heartburn)and usually taken omeprezole 20mg per day, however recently was forgetting to take it the odd day and also went for 10 days with out it (Took nexium instead and also had an antibiotic and rather more wine than usual around this time), however this was when I became suddenly weak sick and tired and then developed chest pain and breathlessness. Now I am taking omeprezole 40mg per day as well as motilium (Swallow is slightly uncomfortable, not with food, just general swallowing), my energy has picked up a bit - however I have been off work for 4 weeks and do no feel fit to return (I am a teacher and could not project my voice in front of 27 teenage boys just yet). Can flare-ups of Barrett's or Gastritis affect people like this? Is it normal to take a long time to improve? Will I improve? I was very fit and had a healthy diet before this - my only vices were spicey food and occasional glasses of wine (Usually late at night). I would appreciate any help, thoughts and advice.
Very many thanks
Julie x

Edited by Jdfbell - 18áMará2014 at 5:09pm
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version